Local Professional Development Funding
Guidelines for Limestone Occasional Teachers’ Professional Development Education Fund 2023-2024
(Download PDF file of Guidelines here.)
Click here to save Fillable PD Application Form. Complete and save with Adobe Reader.
To Submit documentation, you may:
1) Complete the form, save and send as an attachment via email to email@example.com
2) Scan the document and send as an attachment via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or 3) Mail documents to:
Steve Stenman, PD Chair
Limestone Occasional Teachers’ Local
4448 Duff Road
Inverary, Ontario K0H 1X0
The ETFO Limestone Occasional Teacher Professional Development Education Fund is designed to supplement the cost of university courses, ETFO credit courses and Ministry approved additional qualification (AQ and ABQ) courses. Other courses may be approved on a case by case basis. The courses must have elementary education as the focus and may lead to either primary, junior, or intermediate qualifications. (Courses leading to secondary qualifications are not eligible).
1) An applicant must be on the Limestone Elementary Occasional Teacher’s list to be eligible to receive money from the fund.
2) Pre-approval applications and proof of successful completion of courses for the 2023-2024 school year must be received no later than Saturday, June 29, 2024.
3) Members can apply a maximum of once per school year and will be funded $500.00 per six credit course and $250.00 per three credit course.
4) Occasional Teachers must complete the attached PDF application form and forward it to the Professional Development Chair, Steve Stenman, for pre-approval. Applicants will be notified if funding has been approved.
5) Upon receipt of proof of successful completion of the course, a cheque will be issued. (Proof can include a copy of a transcript, an Ontario College of Teachers Statement or a Course Certificate.)
N.B. The last day to submit documentation of successful completion of your course for the 2023-2024 school year budget is Saturday, June 29, 2024. Any documentation received after this deadline will apply to the following school year budget.